Sunday, January 19, 2014
What Nigerians Want
Just thinking about it, Nigerians have been through so much since pre and post colonial times that our wants are mostly now just basic. This is especially so as it is reported that 70% of Nigerians live on less than $1.25 per day! $2 per day up till the stupendously rich Dangotes dwell in the other 30%. Even the rich also cry, as they say. So you see, no one is spared some form of misery. The average Nigerian will easily say "nothing works here".
So in answering the question "what Nigerians really want", I will dwell on Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
See image below.
Bringing all that down to the basics for Nigerians, my answer is below:
To have a better life, live in an advanced and progressive society, enjoy good education, opportunities, security, social services, infrastructure, stability, No NEPA problems, schools never strike, no kidnapping, everyone is treated equally according to the law...no sacred cows, the system for law enforcement works, etc. APC/PDP, whichever of you gets in, just give us this. That is what the Nigerian really wants.